Renstar Medical Research, an established clinical research site in Ocala, FL, is seeking a full-time or part-time in person Patient Recruitment Specialist specializing in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple protocols across Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Reviewing medical records for key criteria to determine eligibility for study participation
- Speaking with potential study participants on the phone utilizing an approved script to determine eligibility for study participation
- Entering patient demographic/medical history information in the recruitment database
- Managing a screening appointment calendar
- Working with study staff to maximize study enrollment across all Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s clinical trials
- Executing community recruitment and/or promotional events
- Collaborating on marketing strategies for enrollment
Medical terminology and familiarity with medications and their common uses is essential to being successful in this position. Experience with the Alzheimer’s and/or Parkinson’s patient population preferred.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to effectively communicate clinical research information with patients, medical and marketing professionals, the public, nurses, and research study teams. The ability to establish a rapport with potential research subjects is crucial. We are looking for someone who is motivated to speak to candidates on the phone and provide prompt follow up to email and voice mail inquiries.
Qualified candidates will be able to handle challenges in a positive and professional manner, as well as understanding when to escalate an issue to other appropriate staff members.