Renstar Medical Research is a multi-specialty research facility conducting clinical trials over the last 23 years. Renstar is seeking a full-time clinical staff member with a specialty as a Psychometric Rater to perform cognitive assessments with research volunteers in FDA-approved research trials.
This position is full-time. The weekly volume of performed cognitive assessments varies and a visit schedule is provided typically several weeks in advance. When the volume of cognitive assessments does not fill the rater’s time, the rater will perform other tasks of a clinical staff member as part of the clinical team. On the job mentoring for these additional tasks is provided, and they may include, but are not limited to: scribing into participant research charts, gathering vital signs, performing ECGs, creating participant schedules with in-house and outside providers, participant relationship and retention activities, performing memory screenings for potential research participants, and communicating with other staff and pharma customers.
The clinical staff member with a specialty as a Psychometric Rater has the lead role for the clinical team of administering and interpreting quantitative and qualitative tests for the measurement of psychological variables related to diseases and disorders, examples of which include, but are not limited to, Alzheimer’s Disease, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Depression, Anxiety, and Parkinson’s Disease. This role performs study specific rating scales/assessments according to Good Clinical Practice, company policies, and study protocol requirements as part of a clinical team investigating pharmaceutical treatments for related disease states. Professionals in this role actively participate in providing outstanding research participant experiences.
Pay, benefits, and work conditions are competitive to the local market.
- Highly Preferred: Direct experience or certification administering CDR, ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, C- SSRS, MMSE, MOCA, WAIS-IV, RBANS, CVLT
- Master’s degree or higher in a field that includes patient assessments, such as social work or psychology
- At least 1-year experience in psychometry or a relevant role
- Experience with cognitive assessments in adults and geriatric populations
- RN or Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field will be considered with two-years clinical rater experience in applicable assessments
- Prior clinical research experience is a plus
- Perform all other tasks as a clinical staff member as assigned when the volume of rating does not fill the schedule
- Administer psychometric ratings for clinical trials under the direction of a supervising Principal Investigator in accordance to FDA, GCP, and protocol guidelines
- Maintain consistency in the performance of ratings over time for individual participants and clinical trials
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely assessment and visit documentation
- Respond promptly to questions and feedback regarding rating sessions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a genuine interest in the field of cognitive and/or mental health research, and will be able to work in a small, dynamic office of dedicated professionals. Must have the ability to demonstrate situational awareness and empathy while working with patients of diminished mental capacity within the guidelines of research protocols.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and oral)
- Flexible mindset and able to adapt readily to change
- Ability to work closely with others in small teams sharing a common workspace
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place